North American manufacturer of residential furniture (living rooms primarily) sold all across Canada and the US. They have an impressive showroom at their headquarters, where the person hired will be operating. This showroom is mainly geared towards Retailers and Interior Designers & Decorators who can order on site for their own customers, or gather inspiration and information to prescribe purchases.
The scope of the Showroom Coordinator or Consultant is to provide a full range of support activities in the showroom to ultimately optimize and maximize sales through the above mentioned visitors.
Duties and responsibilities will therefore include 2 broad categories:
- Set up and maintain the showroom to ensure that it is always in its most optimal visual display. Advise management of any ideas, suggestions that would improve the floor layout and visual display.
- Research and suggest merchandise that will meet customers’ needs , outlining the features and benefits of merchandise to customers, and recommend add-on items.
- Keep the company abreast of trends, fashion and novelties available on the market (particularly overseas), researching possible suppliers and collecting samples and other important information from them, and setting up displays of these new products in the corporate showroom.
- Assist the marketing department in elaborating merchandising programs and actions.
- Guide potential clients through the different sections of the. show room. Assist buyers in the purchase of large quantities of custom design furniture ranging from contemporary to traditional styles, domestic and imported lines and designer collections. (NB: During the COVID sanitary restrictions these tours are delivered virtually)
- Collaborate with the visiting interior designers to develop effective and logical approach to accommodate clients design dilemmas and architectural challenges. Advise on styles and trends, suggest different options according to space style and use of room
- Review wide range of designs, selected best combination of styles, quality, price and on- going availability
- Ensure quality customer service by providing product specifications, pricing and samples in a professional manner. Follow up, encouraging customers to return, generating repeat business
1. Similar experience in the furniture industry, or in the home furnishings industry, for manufacturers or retailers.
2. Successful sales experience.
3. Interior Designer/ Decorator credentials or equivalent experience in this field.
4. Excellent sense of esthetics, composition, design and color.