- Experience and education equivalent to Associates Degree
- MAPICS, Lean and/or Kanban experience is a majorplus.
- APICS Certification is aplus
- Must have industrial and manufacturing facilityexperience.
- 3-10 years Planning Experience.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively with internal staff at all levels.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility when faced with frequent operationalchanges.
- Ability to read and understand documents as well as express himselfeffectively.
- Must have some math background and a customer service orientation toward others.
Responsibilities: Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules according to Kanban; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems.
Optimizes material flows to achieve highest customer service while simultaneously supporting inventory targets set by management.
Develops an efficient and effective production and/or material flow schedule considering multiple inputs: sales and operations plan, customer requirements, production efficiencies, warehouse capacities, and supplier capabilities.
Ability to work directly with suppliers on day-to-day material requirements in addition to providing longer term forecasts as required.
Manages flow of materials between production facilities and external warehouses as required.
Serves as link between all impacted departments as needed to ensure successful product launches and reduce obsolescence costs. Maintains all associated planning parameters to ensure MRP system is planning correctly.
Innovates and drives changes in processes, methods and procedures.
Assists as necessary in various Supply Chain projects spanning all production/warehouse sites. Qualifications:
- Highly analytical: critical-thinker; strong analytical aptitude and attention to detail; due to the speed and rate of change occurring in this manufacturing environment, must be able to problem solve and think independently
- Excellent computer competence: comfortable working in a highly automated environment with multiple complex software systems; proficient in MS Excel; solid ERP/MRP understanding
- Fast learner: able to learn large quantities of information quickly, think abstractly in order to understand the various linkages between all manufacturing and distribution locations, understand intra-company flows and communicate clearly with all levels of management
- Organized: ability to multitask and prioritize; results oriented o Strong interpersonal skills: a team player that communicates effectively, both internally and externally; relationship builder; supervisory experience preferred
- Flexible: adaptable and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; able to work additional hours as required o Professional maturity: a proactive self-starter with the ability to work with minimal direction, but also follow direction; remains calm and focused in high pressure situations; excellent attendance, punctual
- Motivated: enthusiastic; strives for excellence; continually seeks to improve self and company; ability and strong desire to grow with the company; leads by example.