Field Senior Service Technician (Mechanical)
$25-$30 per hour + overtime
A global building maintenance equipment manufacturer located in Long Island City, NY is currently seeking a highly motivated individual with mechanical & hydraulic experience to join their Field Technician Team. This applicant must be a self-starter and comfortable working with heights and people in trouble-shooting and problem solving situations. Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills. Must be team oriented and possess a strong commitment to quality.
- Servicing/ Building / Retrofitting customized machinery
- Repairing and maintaining all types of window washing equipment
- Performing PM's (Preventative Maintenance) as well as hands-on mechanical troubleshooting
- Will be working with hydraulics (repairing and troubleshooting)
- Must be able to read blueprints and schematics
- Must have own tools
- Technical School Certification with minimum 5 years experience
- Must be able to work at heights, including outdoors on skyscrapers
- Preference will be given to those with Hydraulic experience
- Experience in the fabrication, assembly and maintenance of customized machinery
- Strong ability to work independently
- Good communication skills verbal and written
- Knowledge of OSHA and Department of Labor safety rules.
This position requires 10% travel outside of New York.