Canada Finance Manager
Key Role Objective:
The post holder will assist in the day-to-day management of the work of the accounts and HR team at the Toronto office, or elsewhere as instructed by the President of our client here in Toronto or the Finance Director who is based overseas
The Finance Manager will assist in the production of a written monthly financial report to the Canada Finance Meeting monthly meeting and ensure that accurate and timely reporting of all required data is undertaken.
Reports /Responsible to President
Key areas of Responsibility:
*Preparing Financial Accounts to Trial Balance level
* Preparing all monthly Finance Meeting reports
* Balance Sheet review & reconciliation of control accounts
* Overhead analysis & cost control
* Supervising bank account reconciliations
* Producing monthly & ad-hoc journals
*Managing the Accounts, HR, Payroll & Administration team, including recruitment & Annual Reviews
*Checking of monthly job valuations before being issued to clients
* Posting valuations, invoices & receipts to the system & updating the Contract Record Sheets
*Preparing the 12 month rolling Sales Forecast, cap-ex forecast through consultation with the operations team
* Credit control & management of Debtors
* Daily updating of cashflow & preparation of the monthly rolling cashflow
* Assisting the Finance Director & Company’s Auditors in the production of the Annual Accounts
* Assisting in the maintenance of the Company’s insurance policies, leasing, hire purchase & other loan commitments
* Assisting in the production of annual & interim budgets, as well as forecasting
*Job cost analysis
* Maintenance of fixed asset register
* Assisting staff in answering accounts queries
* Completing quarterly VAT and tax returns and filings
> The above is not exhaustive and you will be expected to undertake any other duties which may reasonably fall within the level of responsibility and competence.
> The board of our Client is committed to the implementation and certification of a Quality Management System to ISO9001.
* Assist in the development of the Quality Management System
* Administer quality procedures and ensure objectives and targets are met.
Qualifications & Experience:
* A motivated and hardworking individual with good written and communication skills is essential.
* Minimum 5 years mixed accounts and payroll experience is essential.
* Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills - the ability to communicate effectively to all employees with sometimes sensitive information is an essential requirement
* The ability to plan and organize own workload as well as that of the team
* Experience and confidence in managing others
* Accountancy qualification preferred but not required
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel & Powerpoint)
The role is head office based. Hours are 08:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday, with one hour unpaid lunch-break each day.