This is a new position in a manufacturing plant. The Production Superintendant will be responsible for a manufacturing operation of approximately 150 employees.
• Play a key role within a new production unit, use available skills and encourage the contribution of all team members towards achieving results.
• Create an environment and put in place a framework that promotes the cohesion of production staff in order to ensure the normal conduct of activities.
• Rigorously follow the various stages of the manufacturing process, make the appropriate readings, evaluate the options and intervene in a timely manner in a factory start-up context.
• Anticipate constraints and implement innovative and efficient solutions using the resources at their disposal.
• Manage your sector strategically in order to ensure the conformity of the finished product by being resolutely oriented towards the achievement of objectives and accountability.
• Promote, support and embody the values of the company in terms of health, safety and the environment and enforce the policies, laws and regulations in force.
• Participate and concretely support the development of the skills of the workforce under its responsibility.
• Manage the activities and budgets incumbent on it so as to position this new production unit favorably.
• Use available production equipment to facilitate the achievement of plant objectives on an ongoing basis.
• Respond and adapt to changing priorities and operating conditions in order to be able to seize business opportunities.
• Act as an effective change agent in order to integrate best practices in his field.
- Engineering degree preferred, but relevant combination of technical training and experience will also be considered.
- Several years (>5) of relevant experience either in an OSB plant, or in other forest products plants (Plywood, Veneer, Sawmills, etc.).
- Must speak French fluently. Good level in English also required.
Leadership skills must be obvious.