Project Site Engineer
The principal function of this position is to coordinate and manage the installation and operation of dewatering schemes as designed. Majority of the role will be to work closely with clients to set programmes, coordinate works and deliveries on site, and maintain accurate site records. This job is for dewatering works associated with the Eglinton LRT project in Toronto. Dewatering works are to take place at surface, in excavations/shafts and underground in tunnels.
Our Client offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period. Company Induction, Initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
To supervise site activities and closely liaise with our clients site staff, supervisors, subcontractors and suppliers.
• To maintain documentary records of our clients activities including the collection collation, and presentation of data.
• To perform project management and dissemination responsibilities, including drafting of regular progress reports & participating in team meetings.
• Prepare key documentation such as Method Statements, Risk Assessments, ITPs, JHAs, working drawings, and works procedures.
• Define the project programme & ensure contractual targets are met.
• Prepare, issue and negotiate monthly payment applications.
• Make site visits to collect information and coordinate future dewatering works with clients.
• Actively participate in and contribute to day to day operations to deliver Our clients contractual obligations as directed by the Operations Manager.
• To be responsible for own health and safety and that of colleagues in accordance with current construction guidance and relevant national legislation.
• Brief, check, and audit site staff to ensure safe working practices are being followed. Help negotiate contracts, terms and conditions, methodologies, and attendances.
Qualifications & Experience
- Motivated and hardworking individual with good written and communication skills is essential.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the construction industry and has demonstrated sufficient skills and knowledge
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- A good understanding of Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology and Civil Engineering
- Commercial awareness, ideally including knowledge of construction industry contracts
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal skills and written communication skills - the ability to communicate complicated and sometimes sensitive concepts is an essential requirement
- Resourceful and motivated individual with the ability to work unsupervised in often difficult site conditions.
- The ability to plan and organize own workload as well as that of the team * Experience and confidence in managing others
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD
- Full Driving License