APPLICATION ENGINEER, Quebec
Our client designs and manufactures innovative attachment and guarding solutions for John Deere Construction and Forestry equipment. Our highly talented and experienced design team works closely with customers to achieve productive solutions for all their heavy duty equipment needs.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in the position of Applications Engineer for our Brossard,QC location.
The Applications Engineer is a position that has three primary objectives:
- Increase attachment business through technical sales support.
- Design custom and standard products.
- Provide advanced technical support for customers in their region.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Evaluate opportunities to determine effective use of time & resources.
- Work with regional sales team to determine and develop successful regional product offering.
- Work closely with engineering, sales and customers to provide innovative and productive attachment solutions.
- Provide technical, costing and pricing information to the sales group on specialty attachments.
- Design and detail new attachments and specialty products using 3D CAD.
- Provide input into the new product development process.
- Gather requirements in the field. This may take the form of measurements, understanding loading scenarios, and unique customer requirements.
- Have a positive attitude towards work and provide leadership to create a good working environment for others.
- Highly motivated and self-disciplined with excellent organizational skills.
- 30% travel may be required.
- Engineer or Technologist with minimum 7 years of experience with mechanical equipment.
- Extensive capabilities in Inventor, SolidWorks or other 3D CAD.
- Professional interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual, fluent in both French and English languages.
- Ability to work independently with good judgment skills.
- Proven knowledge of Construction and Forestry Equipment which include but not limited to Hydraulic Excavators, Wheel Loaders, Track Dozers, Motor Graders and direct experience with mining equipment.
- Demonstrated experience with the design of Construction and Forestry attachments along with Machine Guarding.