Our client is the largest engineering design and manufacturer of permanent suspended access systems for high rise buildings in North America. Its headquarters are located in Toronto and it conducts business throughout North America.
The company workflow on each project involves Sales/Estimating, Engineering, Manufacturing, Installation and Maintenance.
- Reviewing purchase requisitions and preparing purchase orders covering a variety of materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Obtaining quotations for price and delivery.
- Preparing spreadsheets and making comparisons for price, quality, and delivery dates.
- Updating Purchasing database of Charge to Job list, Supplier Insurance copies, Contractor records, and Safety Data sheets.
- Support the supply chain manager with administrative tasks, filing of purchase orders, and entry of purchase orders into material control system.
- Expediting delivery of materials to support manufacturing process.
- Manage inventory to support shop production
- Vendor visits as required
- This position reports to Supply Chain Manager
- Experience and proficiency with data and spreadsheets and typical desktop programs.
- Familiarity with technical drawings and specifications.
- Minimum three years experience in purchasing preferred in manufacturing environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- SCMP enrollment is asset
- Familiarity with fabricated steel, machined parts, and other inputs to support the manufacturing process