Our Client is a leader in construction Dewatering and Groundwater industry with specialized techniques and operational systems.
The Field Engineer will act as the leader on-site by directing the operations team, take pride in their equipment, and provide support for the Project Engineer/Manager. They will work closely with the client site team to coordinate activities and ensure schedules are met.
It is critical that their systems are installed and commissioned properly as they will be required to run continuously for years. The Field Engineer will be required to have a strong understanding of each system under their supervision.
Key role objective:
There are 3 principal functions of this position:
1. Understand and lead the site activities. Ensuring the dewatering system is installed and operating as designed and standby equipment is ready for any contingencies. Maintain continuous communication with the Project Foreman and keep him updated with the task and the status of the system.
2. Management and supervision of the operators that are assigned to complete the task or perform routine maintenance. You will be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues.
3. Participate in training the dewatering operators and new employees.
Drilling and Dewatering system
Key areas of responsibility:
*Act as the on-site point of contact for clients and lead the client operations team in daily activities to ensure dewatering systems are properly installed, maintained, and operating as designed.
*Demonstrate a firm understanding of dewatering systems and installation processes.
* May be required to overlook multiple projects and teams of operatives.
* Coordinate dewatering activities with client’s site staff to ensure proper access is provided and all equipment is on-site and stored in a safe location
* Ensure high-quality records are provided on a weekly basis to the project engineers / managers for reporting and commercial purposes.
* Prepare the materials list for the dewatering system maintenance.
* Have an understanding of the project and provide input for material selection and system modifications based on on-site activities and restrictions.
* Deliver a high quality, 'right-first-time' approach to all operations activities.
* Demonstrate and lead by example the safe use of tools and proper installation of dewatering systems.
* Train and take responsibility for the training and development of operations staff and new employees.
* Monitor the performance of dewatering systems; make recommendations for optimizing dewatering performance.
* Effective co-ordination of the maintenance works for dewatering systems.
* Ensure maintenance procedures are carried out for all dewatering systems as necessary.
*Ensure the equipment is consistently presented to a high level to promote a professional image to the client.
* To be responsible for your own health and safety, and that of colleagues, in accordance with current construction guidance, and relevant national and provincial legislation for our activities.
* Perform the Pre-job safety assessment and fall protection inspection sheet and other relevant HSE or administration forms.
To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.